Wednesday, April 16, 2014

To My Baby...


 
Baby Blake,
 
I am so happy to be your mommy!
 
When you were born I cried and cried and just held you. Your mere presence was so powerful. I could tell that you had just come from a very special place. After all the commotion died down and the nurses and doctors left, Daddy and I just held you and stared at you for the longest time while smiling. You were absolutely perfect and still are.
 
I have wanted to be a mom my whole life. I wanted to go to college and to have a career. I did both of those things, but in the back of my mind I knew I wanted to spend the majority of my life just being a mommy and a wife. You take a lot of energy and stamina. More than my full time career ever did, but I wouldn't trade it for the world. That's because you also bring so much joy to our lives. I was completely happy and in total bliss being married to your Daddy. I didn't think anything could make it even better, but then you came along. I never knew how much a baby would add to our happy little family.
 
A lot of people talk about how sad and emotional they get when their babies grow up, but I have yet to feel that. I am so excited watching you grow! I love watching you grow more than anything. I love each step you take, each motion you try to mimic, and each little personality trait that starts to show day by day. I can't wait for you to go to kindergarten and learn how to ride a bike. I can't wait until you go on camping trips with Daddy, go on your first date, and prepare for a mission.
 
You are everything to us. It's hard not to smile when I walk into a room where you are playing. You have this infectious energy and constant smile. You are never still or quiet for one minute, which I love.
 
I love watching you with Daddy. I always said I didn't care if you were a boy or girl, but part of me secretly wanted a boy so I could watch you and Daddy become best buddies. I love that when he comes home from work you run to the door and get so excited. I love how much he smiles when he sees you no matter how hard his day was. I love how hard he works to be a good Daddy to you, and I hope you always realize that his whole self is devoted to taking care of you and me. He would do anything for you.
 
I'm so thankful to my Heavenly Father for you, and I thank him literally every day for the chance I have to be a mommy. I am so thankful that we are an eternal family! You will always be my little man.
 
Love you always,
Mommy
 


No comments:

Post a Comment