Sunday, April 6, 2014

The Cutest Little Backyard Wedding

The beginning of September, we traveled to South Dakota for my Aunt Megan's wedding. She is a wedding planner with a brand new business, and she planned every detail of her own wedding. It all took place in her back yard. It was GORGEOUS! I couldn't believe how beautiful it was.
 
First we had a little trip to downtown Sioux Falls. Mike Dowling was in our ward when I was growing up. He is a phenomenal artist, and he was a featured sidewalk artist while we were there. Pretty incredible, huh?
 
 
Blake wasn't in love with the idea of going to a wedding, but he survived. It was stinkin' HOT! You can tell from these pictures how hot and humid it was. This is gross, but our clothes were completely wet when we took them off that night. I forgot how humid SD could get!

 
Sign in/ Gift Table

 
Pathway to the Ceremony

 
Arch over the Entrance

 
Front Yard

 
Back Yard

 
Beautiful Tables!

 
Uncle Nate!

 
The ceremony took place under the canopy.

 
The centerpieces were out of this world!
 
 
My grandma sewed all the chair covers.

 
My silly guys...

 
Check out Blake's little bow tie! We had a full tuxedo for him to wear, but there was just no way it was going to fly with him considering how hot it was. You can tell how much I am sweating in this picture. My hair was plastered to my face by the end of the night!
 



 
Well this was as close as we were going to get to a family picture...Good enough.... :)


 

 
SO HOT! Yes I mean the weather and also this hunk... ;)

 
Someone may have stolen my camera and snapped a few selfies...

 
Bride and Groom!
 



I have to honestly say that Megan was one of the most stunning brides that I have ever seen. SO pretty!
 


 
It was a great weekend. I'm really grateful that we live close enough to drive to visit my family so often. Congrats to Mr. and Mrs. Randall!
 
-SL
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment