Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Mother's Day!

Mother's Day! This holiday has obviously taken on a whole new meaning since Blake was born, but this year in particular I felt a special meaning for the word mother. Blake and I have been through a lot of learning curves, ups and downs, and lots of laughs and memories over the last year. I am excited for the future, too. Aaron let me sleep in that morning before church, which was awesome! We were staying with our friends Danielle and Rem because Chris' parents were in town and needed to use the guest room at their house. I'm so glad we have such good friends to take us in last minute! It's been fun for Blake to get to hang out with someone his age all the time too. Like I said before, it's going to be tough on Blake when we move back to our own house! Emily and Chris were blessing Tucker that day, so we skipped our ward to attend their ward in Centerton. To celebrate Mother's Day, we got Andy's ice cream the night before...my favorite! Unfortunately, Aaron had to leave on Mother's Day to fly to Houston for a work conference for the whole week. He said he wanted to wait until he was back to celebrate Mother's Day. I'm excited to see what he has planned!
 
Here's my boys that morning...these two guys... are the reason motherhood is completely worth it. Every day. Love them to the moon and back!
 


 
I will be forever grateful to be this little man's mommy. I am so thankful that my Heavenly Father entrusted him to me and gave me the opportunity to become a better person because of it. All I ever wanted was to be a mom, and I wouldn't change a thing about our life together!
 
 
After the blessing, we went back to Emily and Chris' house for a "burger bar." It was delicious. Then I drove Aaron to the airport. Kind of a bummer. I was sad to see him go. Later he texted to say that his flight had been cancelled because the airplane blew a tire before they took off. He had a connecting flight in Dallas to Houston, which he obviously was going to miss. He was with a few team members from work and they decided to fly to Dallas on a later flight and then rent a car and drive five hours to Houston. I felt so bad for him. They didn't fly into Dallas until 1am, and then arrive in Houston around 6am. Poor guy!

 
Here are the men that stood in the blessing circle. I love baby blessings! And Tucker is such a sweet little guy. I'm excited to be able to hold him whenever I want all week.
 
-SL
 


No comments:

Post a Comment