Sunday, May 4, 2014

2014 Winter Olympics

I don't know what it is about the Olympics exactly, but Aaron and I both LOVE watching them. We record the whole thing and watch sections each night before bed. Our favorite events are anything to do with snowboarding, skiing...well actually we like most sports. Snowboarding is my favorite though.
 
This year for the opening ceremonies I made crepes in the shape of the Olympic rings. Pretty cool, right?
 
 
For the sake of documenting, this Olympics was in Sochi, Russia. It was a little bit politically charged I felt. Soon after the Olympics ended, the Ukraine overthrew their president. Russia got involved through Crimea and moved troops in to "protect" them. Long story short, Russia is trying to annex a part of another country and claim it as part of their own. It's a pretty bold move. History in the making. I'm sure Blake is going to read about this in his history books one day. Here is proof of what we were doing at the time when it happened!
 
-SL

No comments:

Post a Comment