Sunday, May 1, 2011

Easter Weekend!

As per usual... I DID NOT take enough pictures, BUT this is a habit that I am trying to overcome...desperately...because memories are so important to me and pictures are one way that I can really reflect back on those memories!

My Family came into town on Friday afternoon the weekend of Easter. We were SO excited to see them. I gave them a tour around the Sam's Club Home Office. Then we went home to get unpacked and get ready to go to church for dinner.

Our Young Women at church were putting on a fundraiser: spaghetti dinner with table service, as well as a silent auction. They did awesome!! They ended up raising over $1,400 dollars! The reason they needed to do a fundraiser was to pay for Girl's Camp this summer.

Now would probably be a good time to mention that I got called as the Assistant Girl's Camp Leader. Woohoo! So I get to go to camp this year!

Anyways, we needed to raise $1,900 to send all the girl's to camp. They did amazing considering the amount of money they were tasked with raising.


Sister Dunlop coaching the girls on how to serve tables before the dinner began.
A few of the silent auction tables...by the way... Dad bid on a TON of items! He was a great help in raising money for our girls! He wrote each family members name down on a different item.
So during the dinner, we could tell it was thunder storming outside. Our Bishop made an announcement that we were under a tornado warning, and to please stay in the building until it passes. It was pretty scary!

We had an awesome weekend with the family. It did however rain in TORRENTIAL DOWNPOURS all weekend long. We got a total of 11 inches of rain. It was awful. We couldn't do anything outside, so I felt really bad for my family, but we had a lot of fun playing games, dying Easter eggs, etc.

I have a brother who is 15 and a brother who is 17. There are two sisters in our ward who are the same ages as my brothers, and we ended hooking them up Friday night after the spaghetti dinner. They hung out with each other EVERY night they were in Arkansas. It was awesome! They are such cute girls, and they all had so much fun. I've never seen my brothers want to hang out with girls like that.

Here are some pictures of the family:

We miss them, and can't wait to spend more time with them!

-SL

No comments:

Post a Comment